Dienstag, 2. Dezember 2008

German 102

German 102 was a wonderful experience for me. Especially because our wonderful TA (yes that's you Jenny) was so knowledgeable and enthusiastic in imparting her knowledge to us. I really appreciated what the course added to my world perspective. I feel it is very important for people (especially often egotistical Americans) to understand that there are other cultures in this world which hold just as important of a position in our global society. I especially enjoyed learning some about Germany after WWII. The atrocities which occurred during the war are still hard to grasp, but I think Germans have done as good of a job as anyone could in recovering. Despite the destruction caused by the Nazis, and later the communist regime, Germans have not lost their exquisite, positive, cultural identity.

Still, the Dutch remain the German's (and in fact everyone's) mental, physical, cogent, erotic, professional, and cultural superiors! Sorry Jenny.

Maar minstens is Nederland dicht genoeg bij Duitsland voor u regelmatig te kunnen bezoeken.

Keine Kommentare: