Mittwoch, 3. Dezember 2008

Zu guter letzt

Since my knowledge of the German people and German culture was limited to start with, this course pretty much taught me everything I currently know about Germany. Which is a little embarrassing since I was born there and my dad speaks (or spoke) fluent German and my ma is half-German. So I'm more than a little happy to know a good deal more about Deutschland.

And the course has also strengthened my resolve to actually go there at some point and feel somewhat confidant that I won't make a complete ass of myself in the process. Especially since we learned about the culture while we learned about the language.

It was also very interesting to see what Germans thought about this country. Although seeing superficial pop up time and again was a little depressing. I've done my best to forget the German word for it and I can only pray that it won't be on the final.

Keine Kommentare: