Dienstag, 2. Dezember 2008

Zu guter Letzt

Studying the German-speaking cultures has changed my perspective on many things. First of all, I am much more aware of foreigners living in the United States. I had never expected that Germans would find Americans superficial. In the South it is very common to be friendly to someone you don't know, and I never thought that that would come off as superficial, but I guess if you don't keep up the friendly behavior it is superficial. I did feel when I was in Germany that Germans were colder, but it learning this difference in the cultures helped me to understand that they are just private people. I think that I've also learned a lot about German culture outside Octoberfest and beer. I've learned about their history, their culture, and things that are particular to Germans. This class has made me interested in going back to Germany and revisiting my previous assumptions about the country and the people.

Keine Kommentare: