Donnerstag, 4. Dezember 2008

Zu guter Letzt

I had a great time in German 102. We had a good class, and we also had the greatest, most enthusiastic and awesome German TA in the world, naturlich. Thanks to Jenny, I will never accidentally make myself seem easy in Bayern.
The main thing I brought away from the culture this time was a better feel for what the division and reunification really meant, and means, for Germans. Somehow I had never really internalized how huge an influence it had. I also had no idea Germans were soap fans.
And I've gotten a chance to get to know the fabulous Herr Kohrmann and of course the guy with the creepy laugh from our test that time. Das is definitely not normal.
Anyway, having been in this class is going to make the couple of weeks I'm hoping to spend in Germany this summer so much more enjoyable. I feel like I know a little bit about what makes Germans themselves and not just Europeans, which is more what the first semester was focused on.
But I am going to have to point out that Icelanders are clearly superior to Germans (and the Dutch) in every aspect possible. Except maybe in economy management.

Keine Kommentare: