Dienstag, 2. Dezember 2008

Zu guter Letzt

My study of German has showed me that there is so much more to Germany and the German people than I once thought. I first started German in high school because I found the history of Germany and the German-speaking peoples fascinating. Yet my studies have shown me that while their history is a large part of the German identity, it is so much more than that. The modern Germany is a place that has taken the lessons of its past and moved into the modern world, taking a certain way of doing things with it. And as I have studied German and emerged myself deeper in the German culture, I have discovered that many so-called German qualities are qualities that I value myself (a respect for hard-work and a dislike of superficiality being but a couple examples). It is with this in mind that I have decided to turn what was a one-year fun experiment in high school into something that I pursue throughout college and take with me for the rest of my life and that I sincerely hope to be able to travel to Germany and to even to perhaps live there for a bit sometime in the future.

Keine Kommentare: