Mittwoch, 3. Dezember 2008

Zu guter letzt

My German experience really widened my views of the world. Before I took German, I did not know anything about Germany except the general facts that I learned in history courses. Through taking these courses, I feel like I got a new perspective on events and life in general. Learning about different cultural preferences that Germans have has gotten me to really realize that there is so much diversity in the world. I have sadly never been out of the U.S., but my interest in Germany and I would love to study in Germany. Experiencing the culture and the language would be so beneficial for me to gain a higher understanding of German culture as well as my own. I have also felt a personal connection in learning German and learning the culture in that I have German ancestry on both sides of my family. My great aunt and uncle moved here around WWII and it has been very cool in being able to understand them when they speak and to know more about their background.

Keine Kommentare: