Dienstag, 2. Dezember 2008

German-speaking

Studying German cultures has taught me how to see my culture in a different way. I didn't realize how stupid "What's up?" is since we are not expected to actually, truthfully respond. It has changed part of my identity because I now understand more about my birthplace and first life experiences. I was born in Germany and there are many pictures of me as a baby in front of various Germany attractions and sights. I enjoy learning about the German culture because my parents told me many things about living there, and i don't remember experiencing them. In class, it reinforced these things, yet in an academic manner. I sympathize for foreign people living in America that were not aware of the culture ahead of time. There are huge differences between America and Germany, yet I still would like to experience living in Germany.

Keine Kommentare: